“Today Translations is no ordinary language company, the individuals that make up this international squad are the finest on the planet and it is their love for life, culture and helping others to excel and make the world a better place that sets them apart from everyone else.” - Garry Sullivan, OBE, Chairman of Wilson James
Having built a strong reputation for providing quality, technically enhanced language services and preserving a client list of prestigious blue-chip companies such as Bloomberg, Shell International and Universal, the company has seen substantial growth in recent years and last year alone it grew by 90%.
We are currently offering an internship opportunity to postgraduate students interested in gaining translation experience. The role will include translating numerous materials from a range of topics into Arabic. There will be a high volume of orders coming through every day. An analytical mind-set, attention to detail and capacity to multitask are therefore a must.
You will be offered a temporary contract (the length will depend on your academic arrangements).
Your daily tasks will include:
o Taking on translation requests into Arabic;
o Translating up to 3,000 words per day;
o Managing your time and tasks to meet required deadlines;
o Working with CAT tools to deliver the translation;
o Translation Memory building and maintenance;
o Doing required research to provide the translated text that is fit for purpose;
o Quality and format checking the translation
• A degree or similar qualification in Languages or Translation is essential
• Native in Arabic;
• High proficiency in written and spoken English is essential
• High proficiency in at least 1 more foreign language is preferred, but not essential
• Knowledge of CAT tools (ideally, MemoQ) is greatly preferred, but training will be provided
• Excellent attention to detail
• Quality and process oriented
• Strong organisational skills
• Experience in prioritising effectively
• Experience of multi-tasking
• Strong timekeeping and ability to meet deadlines
You will be trained and become a part of our team, gaining skills which will open doors to new opportunities.
You will gain experience in translating texts covering a wide range of topics and industries. You will learn how to efficiently use CAT tools and quality assurance processes to deliver translation that meets the highest standards.
Finally, you will have lots of fun working with us! We are a sociable and friendly bunch and we will make sure that you enjoy your time here!
Daily fee (to be agreed).
Will be provided.