Translating English to Welsh translation services are becoming increasingly popular as the Welsh economy continues to grow. In 2008, Welsh was even used at a meeting of the EU's Council of Ministers for the first time in history.
Even though Welsh and English are related languages, translating English to Welsh is fairly challenging because of major grammatical differences between the two languages.
In Wales, English and Welsh have equal status, so road signs are typically in both English and Welsh. Often, however, the English to Welsh translations do not go especially well. When Swansea council tried to translate an English road sign reading "No entry for heavy goods vehicles. Residential site only" it came out in Welsh as "I am not in the office at the moment. Please send any work to be translated". This error was not noticed until after the sign went up.
The above example stresses the importance of having an expert work on your professional Welsh translation. At Today Translations, a professional translation company in London, we strive to provide our clients with the most accurate, precise, and un-embarrassing English to Welsh translations.
– Welsh is natively spoken in Wales, the United Kingdom.
– It is a beautiful language that often baffles English speakers with its unusual grammar and phonology.
– Although Welsh people also speak English besides Welsh, they are more comfortable expressing themselves and communicating in Welsh.
– Welsh is characterised by a number of sounds that do not appear in other European languages, such as voiceless lateral fricatives and voiceless nasal consonants. To make matters even more confusing for the untrained, the canonical word order in Welsh is a verb, subject, and then an object.
– English-to-Welsh translation services are becoming increasingly popular as the economy of Wales continues to grow. In 2008 Welsh was even used at a meeting of the EU's Council of Ministers for the first time in history.
Payments Programme Manager
Dynamic, established and creative organisation. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a translation service to add value to your business or project.
Deputy Head of International Programmes
We were overall delighted with the standard of service and Today Translations delivered, in terms of translation quality, time and attentive customer care. They were highly responsive, creative and were central to the success of the translation and quality assurance process. The project managers we dealt with were collaborative and operated very much as part of the team. I would commend our experience of working with Today Translations to other organisations requiring professional translation services.
Not only did you provide competitive quotes, but you also delivered each of our publications on time, and were very accommodating of last minute changes in some of the final files we sent through. You were great to deal with and I would have no hesitation in recommending your services. I look forward to working with you again in the future.