Website translation and localisation
Website translation services that make sure your message is effectively presented to your global audience.
| The perks of good website translation
Customers are much more likely to engage with and buy from websites that speak their language.
Professional website localisation and translation therefore offers one of the most substantial returns on investment for businesses seeking to expand globally, especially when compared to the relatively small outlay. And with internet access and expenditure greatly increasing around the world, English-speaking companies should focus on engaging with new markets, audiences and potential customers.
At Today Translations, we have some of the most experienced and qualified translators and developers within our global network. We have years’ worth of experience in translating and localising e-commerce websites and software for the likes of French Connection, Evidon and DGTL.
| Translation vs localisation
So, what’s the difference between translation and localisation? Put simply, translation focuses mainly on the words, while localisation takes cultural and aesthetic differences into account, such as how the date is formatted or what currency symbols are used – for example, the Russian ruble symbol (руб) will appear behind the number, but the Pound symbol (£) will appear before.
It is essentially website translation that incorporates development and design, based on your target audience’s cultural tastes and preferences. Specialised developers will then make sure that the strings and variables match to that language.
| High-quality localisation
At Today Translations, we offer a highly structured, comprehensive and innovative approach to our website translation and localisation services. We’ve coined this process as 4DMR - Discover, Design, Develop, Deploy, Measure and Refine. Aside from undertaking the website translation, we also:
- conduct a cultural brand audit
- run an online keyword search analysis for the target region
- discuss cultural design guidelines, including layout and imagery
- uploading the translation on to a test version of your website
- conducting a local, native review
- measuring and monitoring website performance
Click here for our 4DMR graphic
| Get a Free Website Translation Quote
| Website localisation: the basics
● Website Content: If your website is in French, for example, does the vocabulary need to be specific to the target region? In other words, do you need your website translated and localised for users in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada or all the above?
● Graphical elements: Some graphic elements on your website may include language-specific content. Our localisation and website translation professionals will make sure this gets changed.
● Currencies: Do your products need to show local currency conversions?
● Web form feedback: Some of your clients will want to communicate with you in their own language. Likewise, you will need to respond in their language. We can make this happen seamlessly.
● Alert messages: Feedback forms usually have alert messages, telling you if you have provided insufficient or incorrect information. We will identify these alert messages and offer foreign language equivalents.
● Search engine optimisation: A very important area if you want your website to be noticed in foreign language search engines. Our experts will suggest foreign language alternatives to the key phrases you are targeting and will also check your page to see that it is correctly configured to identify the language and character set in use.
| Delivery and services, tailored to you
Whatever your preferred means of service or delivery, we work to meet your requirements.
If you prefer to have your translated website uploaded directly onto your content management system, we are happy to do so. If you are happy to have our team of developers to work directly within your platform, localising strings and tags within your code, we will do it. Or if you simply prefer having the website translation submitted in a spreadsheet, we will deliver.
| Case studies
We have translated advertisements into Arabic, Dutch, Hebrew, Danish & Swedish consisting of well over 100,000 words… read more
Today Translations was appointed the colossal task of translating and localising the Saatchi Gallery website into Chinese Mandarin. The project featured more than 800,000 words… read more