Website translation and localisation
|Native speaking translators only|
|Comprehensive 4DMR approach|
|Secure, confidential handling|
Website translation and localisation services that make sure your message is effectively presented to your global audience.
| The perks of good website translation
Customers are much more likely to engage with and buy from websites that speak their language.
Professional website localisation and translation therefore offers one of the most substantial returns on investment for businesses seeking to expand globally, especially when compared to the relatively small outlay. And with internet access and expenditure greatly increasing around the world, English-speaking companies should focus on engaging with new markets, audiences and potential customers.
At Today Translations, we have some of the most experienced and qualified translators and developers within our global network. We have years’ worth of experience in translating and localising e-commerce websites and software for the likes of French Connection, Evidon and DGTL.
| Translation vs localisation
So, what’s the difference between translation and localisation? Put simply, translation focuses mainly on the words, while localisation takes cultural and aesthetic differences into account, such as how the date is formatted or what currency symbols are used – for example, the Russian ruble symbol (руб) will appear behind the number, but the Pound symbol (£) will appear before.
It is essentially website translation that incorporates development and design, based on your target audience’s cultural tastes and preferences. Specialised developers will then make sure that the strings and variables match to that language.
| High-quality localisation
At Today Translations, we offer a highly structured, comprehensive and innovative approach to our website translation and localisation services. We’ve coined this process as 4DMR - Discover, Design, Develop, Deploy, Measure and Refine. Aside from undertaking the website translation, we also:
- conduct a cultural brand audit
- run an online keyword search analysis for the target region
- discuss cultural design guidelines, including layout and imagery
- uploading the translation on to a test version of your website
- conducting a local, native review
- measuring and monitoring website performance
Click here for our 4DMR graphic
| Delivery and services, tailored to you
Whatever your preferred means of service or delivery, we work to meet your requirements.
If you prefer to have your translated website uploaded directly onto your content management system, we are happy to do so. If you are happy to have our team of developers to work directly within your platform, localising strings and tags within your code, we will do it. Or if you simply prefer having the website translation submitted in a spreadsheet, we will deliver.
| Website localisation: the basics
● Website Content: If your website is in French, for example, does the vocabulary need to be specific to the target region? In other words, do you need your website translated and localised for users in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada or all the above?
● Graphical elements: Some graphic elements on your website may include language-specific content. Our localisation and website translation professionals will make sure this gets changed.
● Currencies: Do your products need to show local currency conversions?
● Web form feedback: Some of your clients will want to communicate with you in their own language. Likewise, you will need to respond in their language. We can make this happen seamlessly.
● Alert messages: Feedback forms usually have alert messages, telling you if you have provided insufficient or incorrect information. We will identify these alert messages and offer foreign language equivalents.
● Search engine optimisation: A very important area if you want your website to be noticed in foreign language search engines. Our experts will suggest foreign language alternatives to the key phrases you are targeting and will also check your page to see that it is correctly configured to identify the language and character set in use.
| Client Testimonials
Goal group ltd
We have used Today Translations on various occasions since they were recommended to us by the UK Department of Trade & Industry in 2007. Our business is truly global and it is essential that our website and associated marketing materials are maintained in eight languages. Today Translations have always delivered the required results in a timely, professional, cost-effective manner and we have absolutely no hesitation recommending their services.
Goal group ltd
Today Translations have provided an exceptional service to both our practice and our clients. All documents have been translated quickly and delivered on time for the agreed price. In turn this has enhanced our service offering to our clients.
United States Department of Justice
Whether doing business in the Middle East, Far East or Eastern Europe, understanding the culture is critical to doing business. Nothing kills a deal faster than making a bad first impression. Today Translations seamlessly blends top rate translators with cultural intelligence ensuring you make a good first impression. Highly recommended!
United States Department of Justice
We have utilised the services of Today Translations for quite a number of years to translate our documentation into various languages (German, Spanish, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Romanian) to name but a few and I have always found them to be extremely helpful and proactive from the original quotation through to the final translation.
Due to the technical nature of our documents we require translators who understand medical jargon and have always received these documents back translated in a timely manner. Whenever these translations are put into artwork format they are then returned to Today Translations for proof-reading to ensure that they have been interpreted correctly and I am regularly informed on the progress of these documents.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Today Translations to any future company and I am grateful for the service I have received to date and will hopefully continue next year and beyond.