Website translation and localisation
|Native speaking translators only|
|Comprehensive 4DMR approach|
|Secure, confidential handling|
Website translation and localisation services that make sure your message is effectively presented to your global audience.
| The perks of good website translation
Customers are much more likely to engage with and buy from websites that speak their language.
Professional website localisation and translation therefore offers one of the most substantial returns on investment for businesses seeking to expand globally, especially when compared to the relatively small outlay. And with internet access and expenditure greatly increasing around the world, English-speaking companies should focus on engaging with new markets, audiences and potential customers.
At Today Translations, we have some of the most experienced and qualified translators and developers within our global network. We have years’ worth of experience in translating and localising e-commerce websites and software for the likes of French Connection, Evidon and DGTL.
| Translation vs localisation
So, what’s the difference between translation and localisation? Put simply, translation focuses mainly on the words, while localisation takes cultural and aesthetic differences into account, such as how the date is formatted or what currency symbols are used – for example, the Russian ruble symbol (руб) will appear behind the number, but the Pound symbol (£) will appear before.
It is essentially website translation that incorporates development and design, based on your target audience’s cultural tastes and preferences. Specialised developers will then make sure that the strings and variables match to that language.
| High-quality localisation
At Today Translations, we offer a highly structured, comprehensive and innovative approach to our website translation and localisation services. We’ve coined this process as 4DMR - Discover, Design, Develop, Deploy, Measure and Refine. Aside from undertaking the website translation, we also:
- conduct a cultural brand audit
- run an online keyword search analysis for the target region
- discuss cultural design guidelines, including layout and imagery
- uploading the translation on to a test version of your website
- conducting a local, native review
- measuring and monitoring website performance
Click here for our 4DMR graphic
| Delivery and services, tailored to you
Whatever your preferred means of service or delivery, we work to meet your requirements.
If you prefer to have your translated website uploaded directly onto your content management system, we are happy to do so. If you are happy to have our team of developers to work directly within your platform, localising strings and tags within your code, we will do it. Or if you simply prefer having the website translation submitted in a spreadsheet, we will deliver.
| Website localisation: the basics
● Website Content: If your website is in French, for example, does the vocabulary need to be specific to the target region? In other words, do you need your website translated and localised for users in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada or all the above?
● Graphical elements: Some graphic elements on your website may include language-specific content. Our localisation and website translation professionals will make sure this gets changed.
● Currencies: Do your products need to show local currency conversions?
● Web form feedback: Some of your clients will want to communicate with you in their own language. Likewise, you will need to respond in their language. We can make this happen seamlessly.
● Alert messages: Feedback forms usually have alert messages, telling you if you have provided insufficient or incorrect information. We will identify these alert messages and offer foreign language equivalents.
● Search engine optimisation: A very important area if you want your website to be noticed in foreign language search engines. Our experts will suggest foreign language alternatives to the key phrases you are targeting and will also check your page to see that it is correctly configured to identify the language and character set in use.
| Client Testimonials
Working on the translation for us, Today Translations met a tight schedule and was exceedingly responsible. I highly recommend Today Translations for your translation needs.
We have had the pleasure of working with Today Translations on a consistent basis since 2010 and have always found their team to be very helpful and accommodating. They have provided HPSA SA with a range of translation services for items such as tenders, internal documentation and presentations. Their translations have always been of a high standard and their turnaround time is very efficient. Indeed, they have always been able to meet our next-day delivery deadlines.
On those grounds we would have no reservation in recommending them and would like to thank them for their hard work and professionalism.
The Digital Alchemist
Outstanding focus on customer service, coupled with high quality translations, delivered on time and to an agreed budget... there really is no need to look anywhere else!
The Digital Alchemist
Nomura International plc
Essential for operating effectively in our global economy.
Nomura International plc
Vital information can be hidden in translation. Today Translations are the world leaders in the field of spotting those risks and minimising your exposure. When you need that reassurance, the team at TT are your perfect partner.