Website translation and localisation
|Native speaking translators only|
|Comprehensive 4DMR approach|
|Secure, confidential handling|
Website translation and localisation services that make sure your message is effectively presented to your global audience.
| The perks of good website translation
Customers are much more likely to engage with and buy from websites that speak their language.
Professional website localisation and translation therefore offers one of the most substantial returns on investment for businesses seeking to expand globally, especially when compared to the relatively small outlay. And with internet access and expenditure greatly increasing around the world, English-speaking companies should focus on engaging with new markets, audiences and potential customers.
At Today Translations, we have some of the most experienced and qualified translators and developers within our global network. We have years’ worth of experience in translating and localising e-commerce websites and software for the likes of French Connection, Evidon and DGTL.
| Translation vs localisation
So, what’s the difference between translation and localisation? Put simply, translation focuses mainly on the words, while localisation takes cultural and aesthetic differences into account, such as how the date is formatted or what currency symbols are used – for example, the Russian ruble symbol (руб) will appear behind the number, but the Pound symbol (£) will appear before.
It is essentially website translation that incorporates development and design, based on your target audience’s cultural tastes and preferences. Specialised developers will then make sure that the strings and variables match to that language.
| High-quality localisation
At Today Translations, we offer a highly structured, comprehensive and innovative approach to our website translation and localisation services. We’ve coined this process as 4DMR - Discover, Design, Develop, Deploy, Measure and Refine. Aside from undertaking the website translation, we also:
- conduct a cultural brand audit
- run an online keyword search analysis for the target region
- discuss cultural design guidelines, including layout and imagery
- uploading the translation on to a test version of your website
- conducting a local, native review
- measuring and monitoring website performance
Click here for our 4DMR graphic
| Delivery and services, tailored to you
Whatever your preferred means of service or delivery, we work to meet your requirements.
If you prefer to have your translated website uploaded directly onto your content management system, we are happy to do so. If you are happy to have our team of developers to work directly within your platform, localising strings and tags within your code, we will do it. Or if you simply prefer having the website translation submitted in a spreadsheet, we will deliver.
| Website localisation: the basics
● Website Content: If your website is in French, for example, does the vocabulary need to be specific to the target region? In other words, do you need your website translated and localised for users in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada or all the above?
● Graphical elements: Some graphic elements on your website may include language-specific content. Our localisation and website translation professionals will make sure this gets changed.
● Currencies: Do your products need to show local currency conversions?
● Web form feedback: Some of your clients will want to communicate with you in their own language. Likewise, you will need to respond in their language. We can make this happen seamlessly.
● Alert messages: Feedback forms usually have alert messages, telling you if you have provided insufficient or incorrect information. We will identify these alert messages and offer foreign language equivalents.
● Search engine optimisation: A very important area if you want your website to be noticed in foreign language search engines. Our experts will suggest foreign language alternatives to the key phrases you are targeting and will also check your page to see that it is correctly configured to identify the language and character set in use.
| Client Testimonials
Dynamic, established and creative organisation. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a translation service to add value to your business or project.
Amba Defence Ltd
I can wholly recommend the discreet, professional and calm manner with which Today Translations deliver their service. The personnel they supply are always of the highest calibre and they have a wealth of professional experience on which to draw.
Amba Defence Ltd
I congratulate Today Translations on their innovative and cost effective approach to tackling this enormously important issue. Justice on hangs on disclosure of the facts and in our data drenched, interconnected world it is all too easy for a tiny yet vital drop of information to be lost in the ocean of multilingual electronic data. The company's use of the finest linguists to conduct reviews and their highly structured project management of assignments makes them an exceptional partner and I recommend them wholeheartedly.
Great people, totally professional, and always top quality. If you want a premium service and top quality product, Today Translations really do go the extra mile and they come up trumps every time. You really won't find better!
British Transport Police
One cannot understate the importance of accurate translation, especially when documents are presented in legal proceedings. Today Translations' document certification service gives customers and courts the assurance that the translation presented is accurate and faithful. The team understand the importance of this and are responsive, approachable and focused on quality
Head of Business Change at BTP